newbie sky digital query

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Don Marco, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Don Marco

Don Marco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony $ky Digibox VTX-760U which I bought of ebay with the yellow house logo FTV card, the digibox now says "no satellite signal received". Checked LNB,cabling & dish alignment are all OK (weather has not been windy) but the box has got low signal quality, signal strength is at max but the box is not locked and the transport stream is at 0000.
    Also the sky epg backround colour has turned to a light blue colour and the $ky logo has changed to the liquid transparent one like on the adverts on tv, is this to do with the forthcoming epg update ? my software version is 3.3b.
    Any advice/solutions much appreciated.

:mad: I've also had to miss Spiderman tonight on Five,unable to recieve freeview signals :rolleyes: i'll have to empty my wallet and rent it.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Easiest thing to do is to take the box to a friend/relative that has Sky Digital, and see if the box works with their dish.

3. Don Marco

Don Marco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( unfortunately for me all of my friends and relatives have NTL, seems to be very popular around my area. I was wondering whether the recent epg update may be causing problems : the operating system is 1.2s4fb and the epg version is 3.3b.5 is it prone to corruption ?

4. Don Marco

Don Marco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...so what do u guys recommend? It seems more of a coincidence that the box is no longer 'locking on' after the EPG update, it was fine before. Do you reckon it's a corrupted update? or could it be the card? - i've tried operating the box without the card and it still won't lock on.
    I even forced an update by powering the box down and then up again whilst holding Backup (don't know what it did exactly, but it took around 10 minutes, and nothing seems to have changed). I have to stress that the box and card are both 2nd hand, so maybe the update doesn't like used equipment?! Will Sky be of any help if i ring them?!!!

5. Stim

Stim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just encountered the same problem with an Amstrad box, working fine and then overnight no signal, i tried my other older Amstrad box and works fine apart from the niggling problems everyone else seems to be having. I think it has just died.