1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie seeks opinions.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kickola, Jan 18, 2005.

1. kickola

kickola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering upgrading my system (very heavily) and am looking at (after auditioning a full set up) a pair of definitive technology mythos 1s for my towers, a mythos 3 for my centre, 2 mythos 6s for my rear surround and a definitive supercube reference for my sub. Any thoughts, or bettering suggestions, and also anyone know where I could sell my old stuff?
    Cheers to all in advance, and great forum by the way! :clap:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you were in the UK I would suggest that the best way to sell AV gear would be in our very own classified hardware section but in your case I don't suppose that it would be appropriate.

Def Tech don't seem to have much of a presence in the UK any more which is a shame as they make good speakers and certainly the Pro Cinema satellites that I used to have give the current crop of satellites a good run for their money.

3. kickola

kickola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the UK. I heard them up at musical images in beckenham kent, They do sound immense, I was just wondering whether anyone had heard them, and whether there was anything better for the money. As for my stuff, I cant seem to see the classified section. Where would that be?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    What Home Cinema has reviewed them in the current edition. I haven't heard them but at £5,000 I would suggest that there is quite a lot of competition but it depends on how high a priority you place the looks and how important music is to you.

The hardware classified forum is here

5. kickola

kickola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian.
    The looks are important to me, as they have to "fit in" in the environment of my lounge, but I dont listen with my eyes. I heard things from these speakers that I havnt heard from mine in 100 times of listening. They are really defined. They did blow me away. I listened to them against the Kef reference Q7s (not sure that is the exact model number) and the mythos made them look silly!
    Anyway, cheers again fella