1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie seeks guidance :D

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ski, Jan 28, 2005.

1. ski

ski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, im 18 and go to college in Rhode Island, US. I started my first AV system when I was 12, with a Sony receiver and a set of 5.1 speakers that have now since died of 6 years of use.

Long story short, im in the market for a new TV and a new Home theater setup. Im looking to spend 2-300 on the tv, and 2-300 for the audio portion, I figured here was the best place to start learning and looking.

For someone with a sub-500$ budget, would you recommend an AIO system or a Seperates system? Any suggestions or particular brands that are good?

Thanks for the help :)

Ive also begun reading all the articles on Home Cinema Choice.

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As this is largely a UK based forum it'll be difficult for us to help you. The US has different pricing and model specifications and, to be honest, the budget you're suggesting (approx $500 = £275) for both TV and Home Cinema, wouldn't get you very much of any worth this side of the Atlantic!

Anyway, providing you have $200 - $300 to spend on a cinema system I would recommend an all in one, as separates at this price are either going to be very poor quality or second hand.

I'll be over your way (ish) shortly...Skiing in NH.

Jimmy