1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie seeks advice please on Jamo set up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Leto, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Leto

Leto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    This is my first post so excuse the stupidity of the questions!! I'm a wreckless amature at the AV so fell free to have a good laugh!

I'm just getting in a Hitachi PD5200 (42"), Sky+, Jamo DVR50/A355PDD, Panasonic DMR-E55 Recorder (on the basis I can use the HD Sky+ to record instead of getting a Pan with a HD for more bread), going to stick on the X-Box and PS2 , oh... and I have a Quintro+ RGB Scart Switch Box -for 5 scarts. Will be getting a Themescene H56 (how much better is this than the 30 ?) pre-Xmas when the funds top up (hopefully!!)

So, the questions:
    1. Can I record easliy from the Sky+ HD to the Panny 55?

2. If I upgrade the Sky+ HD to say a 120Mb does the Sky+ system recognise the extra disk space available (told you it was gonna be a daft question)- is this shown on screen anywhere.i.e space/time available.

With all the kit, some will be linked RGB Scart and some component
    anyway..thinking of this route at the moment:

Jamo DV--- Component to the Hitachi

Sky+ ----RGB Scart to the Quintro

Panny 55 ----RGB Scart to Quintro

Xbox & PS2----RGB Scart to Quintro

Then in a few months a DLP projector -component to into DVR (9m cable)
    How does that all sound??! The right set up?

Appreciate any comment you may have. Hello and thanks!

Leto

PS. Read some of the threads posts here...the Jamo has arrived but not connect as yet form HiFi 4 Less.....Should hopefully be multi region enabled ...thoughts anyone plsease

2. quattro

quattro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I also have the Jamo and mine came with the Multi Region already installed so didn't need to upgrade the Kiss firmware, Although the Jamo firmware wasn't the latest so updated this but also had to reinstall the MR firmware as its wiped by doing the other, you don't need to be a rocket sciencentist either.
    My setup is similar to yours Jamo via Component and Xbox and Freeveiw via a Quintro box, I dont have sky yet! I'm sure I've read here Sky via RGB isn't the best picture and i think people advise using the VGA connection for Sky although someone more AV familiar will advise best.

3. Leto

Leto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks quattro...VGA eh?! I'll check through the posts.... :thumbsup: