1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie : recording from vhs?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by barneyman, Jun 6, 2004.

1. barneyman

barneyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    need some help copying vhs to my dvd recorder.

My panasonic VHS - NVHD625 - is no pretty much redundant, but I would like to copy some old tapes to DVD for playback.

I have used a scart to connect to the TV - AV1 to AV4.

I can now see and hear the vhs tape, but now I want to record.

The DVD manual says I need to connect it direct to the DVD, using audio/visual cables (red, white & yellow). The VHS does not have all three out connectors, just the audio (no visual). :confused:

Why cant just "ask" the DVD to record what is on the TV ?? I cant seem to see that as a choice but I am hoping someone can help me out...

Thanks for listening

:lease:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    On some TV's you can do just that but not all work the same way unfortunately.

One answer would be to buy a cable with a scart plug on one end for the VCR and three phono plugs on the other for the DVD Recorder and connect them directly

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I agree with Ian (see I'm following on behind you this time Ian :D ), but make sure that the scart to phono lead accepts the signal feeding into the scart plug or is switchable. The reason is that the pins on a scart are different for input & output. If you get it wrong then it just wont work.

Mark.