Newbie Questions

JonMace

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Sony HS1 Projector and a Toshiba 510e DVD player and the correct leads to connect them have 3 questions

1) The lead I have has component, S Video, compersite (+ L & R Phono) all to a multi- plug into the projector.Which of these should be pluged into the DVD to enable progresive scan?

2)Any ideas what settings should be on the progector and DVD player?

3) I believe I only get progesine scan from the DVD player on region 2 discs is there a hack or chip that will enable region 1/PAL discs to be progresive scan?

1. Use the component coupling. You can only get progressive scan via component, VGA or DVI/SDI connections ( correct me if I'm wrong)
2. I'm not sure about the projector but if there is an option on the DVD player's menu to set video output to 'Progressive' then use that.
3. Prog. scan for R1 DVDs came about first, so if you can get Prog. Scan with R2 DVDs then odds are you can do the same with US discs.

Originally posted by kev_melon
1. Use the component coupling. You can only get progressive scan via component, VGA or DVI/SDI connections ( correct me if I'm wrong)

SDI is digital interlaced, in it's normal form. There is a HD SDI version which can handle other high resolution versions.

Everything else is right.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom