• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie Question

Z

zetor12

I was hoping someone could give me some basic info, my daughter bought a PS2 from Argos and wanted to buy a game from the USA which I think would not play because of the Region, is there any way it can be played? what options are there to get it to play? thanks for any help.

Gunman Vash

Standard Member
Well depending on what country you are in, if your in Europe or Australia, then it will play PAL, if Asia pacific then probably NTSC which is American, dvds wit ntsc format can be played on pal ps2 but games cannot, you can get the ps2 chipped so games from the us can be played on a pal ps2, just check what format the games are that your daughter currently has if any, if pal, then chipped needed, if ntsc then it should work fine

D

DRIVEBUY

Cheaper and much easier than a mod chip (as you dont need to open your ps2 up). Seach google for 'swap magic' and clue yourself up on it, then go buy one on ebay. very easy to use.:thumbsup:

eddidaz

Swap Magic is definitely the way to go if you want to play games from other regions or backups on a slim ps2. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it's been great :thumbsup:

U

User Name

zetor12 said:
I was hoping someone could give me some basic info, my daughter bought a PS2 from Argos and wanted to buy a game from the USA which I think would not play because of the Region, is there any way it can be played? what options are there to get it to play? thanks for any help.
you can buy software from the same store you got the ps2 from.it is called ar max (action replay max) it has cheats, game saves and media software.the dearer version may come with a memory card aswell. aswell as all that it has regional software alowing you to play games from all over the world

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom