Newbie Question - upto £600 to spend

Mr_Maz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a plasma, it will by main TV and replace a 32" LC, it will be connected to standard Sky for now but will be changed to HD in around 6 months (when I move)

Could spend more but would rather pay less now and get either a bigger beast or look at new technology when I move. so bargain deals are welcome.

would love a 1080p and 37"plus

Any ideas, recommendation, website links?

thanks in advance

You may struggle to find a decent 1080p screen for that budget. I'd go for a Panasonic Th-42PX80 if i had £600 to spend. Its the tv i will be buying for my sister at christmas.

You may struggle to find a decent 1080p screen for that budget. I'd go for a Panasonic Th-42PX80 if i had £600 to spend. Its the tv i will be buying for my sister at christmas.

thanks, would you suggest waiting till Christmas or buying now?

Agree with this.

Mr Maz: If your viewing distance is 10 feet, you dont need a 1080p panel.

Another vote for the 42PX80.It really is a genuine AV bargain and a cracking TV to boot.

thanks, would you suggest waiting till Christmas or buying now?

Its hard to say how much more if any it will drop in price. I've told my sister to hold out till december if she can as it may drop abit but at £600 its a real bargain and if you shop around i'm sure you can get a 5 year warrenty with that.

The price may drop some more when the PX90 comes out next spring. Or wait till the shops have their 10% off days in the run up to Xmas.

Thanks all,

Just been to Currys and picked a PX80 for 599.95

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom