1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Question Time

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KingCole, Apr 6, 2004.

1. KingCole

KingCole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been hunting around for a av amp for around £400-£500. I think that i am pretty much decided on the harman kardon avr-230. It seems to offer everything ive been looking for as well as good stereo performance.

Has anyone else tried the 230, there is lots of information in this forum about higher models.

The cheapest i have seen the 230 is from germany, where i can get it for just under £400. Is there any good reasons not to buy from abroad?

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Yes, because you can probably pick something up either cheaper or better 2nd hand here. I strongly recommend taking this route. You can get a lot more for your £.

Buying from overseas is fine as long as there are no problem, but if there are getting it resolved to your satifaction may prove difficult. Some other forums members may be able to help you find a good supplier if you do decide to take that option.

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Have a look at the Marantz SR7400 as well, you get a lot for your money and the sound is fantastic!! It is pretty good with stereo music for an AV amp as well. £489 from AVLand.

4. KingCole

KingCole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.elektrowelt24.com/

Here is the site germany. I have exchanged a few emails and they seem pretty hepful.

Has anyone had any experience in returning this kind of equipment abroad.

Im sure it would be fine if it arrives in one piece.