Question Newbie question re projector and soundbar

Newb1E

Novice Member
Hi, am looking at buying a projector (Epson TW7100 currently top of the list) and looking at a Bluetooth soundbar to go with this, as I want to have a compact set-up that's easy to put away - so trying to avoid going down the AV processor route.

My question is, assuming the following set-up (amazon 4k Fire stick input in to Epson TW7100, playing a film with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack) does a bluetooth connection from this projector enable a Bluetooth enabled, Dolby Atmos capable soundbar to actually receive the Atmos signal, or will Bluetooth 'dumb it down' e.g. to 2.1 quality. Have done lots of searching and not come close to having an answer to this unfortunately (although can see that there are a number of Bluetooth capable soundbars).

Thanks in advance

keithwiggins

Firstly i would state i cannot give you a definitive answer sorry, but what i can tell you having experimented with sending blutooth from my tv to my soundbar, and given bts ltd bandwidth , it sounds awful compared to using a hdmi cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom