1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question re. connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MGH, Jan 20, 2004.

1. MGH

MGH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, all! I've been reading the avforums for a little while, and I've found them amazingly informative. Anyways, I've finally decided that the Panny AE500 is the machine for me. The problem is that I have a Pioneer 350 dvd player (which only has - and I may be completely wrong here!- a scart/ s-video out). I understand that a composite out is the only way to go with projectors, so do I have to shell out for another dvd player? Many thanks in advance, Mark.

2. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I think you mean Component input not composite .........

As for connection anyway ..... I would have thought AE500's from Europe have Scart input (RGB) which would be fine ....... Dunno if your DVD Player has Component out but if not the Scart (RGB) would be your best option ...... As a fallback you can use S Video but I wouldn't recommend Composite as it's the lowest in the line as far as quality goes .........

No doubt others can jump in and help on this one !!.

UKBOY.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I heard a rumour about AE500 getting scart if so fine, Ideally you will want a Prog Scan DVD (may be not), but S-video will get you started and watching fims!