1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie question hitachi pjtx10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by thewul, Oct 2, 2004.

1. thewul

thewul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, a bit of advice please.

I`m after a projector, I have a strict budget of £1000 and do not fancy the dlp route as family and friends will be watching and may suffer from rainbows.

I have had the use of the above for a night and i was very impresed :) but the panny ae300 and sanyo z1 and both get good reviews(but over a year ago) i was wondering how they would stand up against the hitachi and perhaps its newer technology.

thanks
    mark

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Mark,

Without seeing the Hitachi I don't know for sure, but the spec makes it sound a LOT more useful IMHO .. 1280x720 and DVI+HDCP being the two most prominent.

I had an AE300 at one time, great machine at the time but I'd be amazed if it even approaches the Hitachi. IMHO the Z1 was not as good as the 300.

The usual advice of 'get a demo' stands of course, but if that proves difficult then unless someone says something very bad about the Hitachi I'd say there's no debate. :)