1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question - Denon AVR3300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jinky32, Oct 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Afternoon all.
    Sorry to have to bring this basic question to you, but i've searched the web and these forums and I am just stumped.

My problem is that i can't get my tv to play through the amp. I have a ps2 hooked up through which i can see and hear both games and dvds. I can also hear the radio through the speakers.

I have a scart to 6 rca cable running from my tv into the amp. The audio out leads run into the tv/dbs in on the amp. I get a picture fine, but no sound. I am not really sure if the problem is because of the way i have connected the two, or due to some setting on the amp that i haven't got right. I have only 2 front speakers.

Can anybody tell me which plugs should go where and what settings I should have set on the denon?

Also, if anyone can shed any light on the amazingly complicated remote control (the sytstem setup button just does nothing) I would be eternally grateful!

Many thanks.