1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question about my Ellion DVR-515A

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by modeman, May 13, 2005.

1. modeman

modeman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody,

Great Site but I am new on here and not particulary "AV Literate" so I hope I don't brass you guys off with my questions that have probably been answered in the forums before!?

I have recently purchased my first DVD Recorder as named above mainly to transfer Mini DV Recordings from my Sony DCR-HC40E Camcorder Tapes onto a DVD Disc (either Plus or Minus DVD R's or DVD RW's etc)

Anyway, set the machine up and it plays just fine and I have recorded/burned my first disc from a tape. So far, so good then, or so I thought.

The disc that I have burned plays without problem on the Ellion but the disc will not play back on either of my other 2 DVD Players - both of which say that they will play back DVD R's or RW's.

Also I have Clone DVD2 Software on my PC and either the Clone Software or DVD Player will not recognise the disc so that I can burn some more copies.

Any help or advise for a complete novice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Dave

2. HelloShaun

HelloShaun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The discs you have burnt need to be finalised before they will play on other units.

I am not familiar with the Ellion but somewhere in the menu you should find the option to finalise your disc, if not the manual should tell you.

The general exception to this is +RW which does not need to be finalised.