Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Newbie question: 42PD3000/ JL & cables

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by spurs2003, Jan 28, 2004.

1. spurs2003

spurs2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,

I have two main questions:

1.) Has anyone found the Hitachi 42PD3000 at John Lewis cheaper than the £2799 at JL Bluewater posted on here last week? It has to be through them due to their 5-year warranty.

2.) I am buying the plasma in the next fortnight or so, please can someone tell me exactly what types/makes of cables I should be buying to go with it? I will be connecting it to Sky+ if that helps.

Please note that i'm no expert! Thanks for all your help.

2. 3george

3george
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't answer the first question but I'll have a go at the second.

2 ) I have a 32PD3000 which uses the same media box as the 42 inch model. The media box supports a component input as well as RGB scart.

AFAIK the Sky+ box has a scart output so all you will need is a good quality ( QED / Thor etc ) scart to scart cable to interconnect the two. Make sure you use the correct scart AV input on the media box - they are not all the same. When you switch on / select the Sky + box the display will auto select the AV connection you have used.

Finally make sure the Sky+ box is configured for RBG output and 16:9 screen resolution.

Hope this helps - and good luck with the purchase.

3george.

3. spurs2003

spurs2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help :)