1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie PW6 and iScan Query

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Alan_W, May 2, 2004.

1. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    After ages of lurking, debating agonising about which dislplay, plasma/RPTV/LCD-RPTV to get, I wandered into my local Panasonic dealership Friday to find them unloading 42PW6 screens for sale at £2k so I bought one on the spot.

I had cold sweat for a day until they delivered and set it up, and fell in love :clap: :clap:

I am astonished at how good Sky+ via scart actually is. :thumbsup:

I am still experimenting with the connections. I hav econnected my DVD via component to an iScan Pro to the Plasma VGA socket.

Is the iScan Pro doing the same/better/different job than the legendary JS RGB2VGA converter?

I have tried Sky+ via S-video - iScan - VGA but wasn't really impressed.

I have looked over at the Video Processing forum but struggled to understand a blind word they were on about :( :rolleyes:

Anyone suggest any alternative way to connect up my kit? I may soon change the DVD to a Panny E85, if that changes anything

Sky+, DVD Sony 75D, Yamaha A2

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The Iscan is doing a different job than the JohnSim box. It should be better than Johns box or going direct to plasma if it's set up properly.

Gordon

3. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I personally have an I-Scan and of course many Plasma VGA boxes. I can say that the RGB Plasma VGA solution gives a much sharper image than the I-Scan. At this moment, I've got Sky connected via the RGB to Plasma VGA unit, and it's a very clean picture.

Video scalars can help with motion, but remember you've still to get the right signal to them first. For that, you need the RGB to Component converter connected from Sky first.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

4. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    I recently sold my Iscan as i was disappointed with the results (softer picture, some motion issues) and now just use the JS RGB to VGA converter from my Sky+ box and the picture is superb.

:smashin:

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    As a note (and sorry John), you don't specifically need the RGB2YUV with the new iScan HD as it supports RGBS input which is normally available using a Scart=>4RCA cable...

Check out my iScan HD review thread in the video processing forum for more info.

JJ