Newbie Probably Silly Questions

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by asm51, Feb 4, 2009.

1. asm51

asm51
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying a Nokia 5800 but I am an absolute beginner as far as mobiles are concerned and have some probably silly questions I would appreciate answers to.

I want a 'Touch' phone with the ability to browse the real Internet rather than what I understand was reduced content pages in past phones. I also want GPRS. I make very few phone calls and hardly ever use text. I doubt I would ever want to talk on a mobile phone for more than 100 minutes a month on average but you never know.
    I want to keep my current phone number. I want a decent camera on the phone. I want to be able to play my favourite 120 or so MP3 tracks on the phone.

I currently have a Nokia 6280 on 'Pay-As You Go' from the 3 Network.

Questions:

Is the Nokia 5800 a good choice?

Should I buy one (£250) or rent one?

If I buy one can I transfer the little card thingy from my Nokia 6280 and then buy 'Pay as You Go' Internet access from 3 so I can surf the Internet on the 5800?

If I do the above with 3 will all the functions of the 5800 work such as GPRS?

Is it possible to download files whilst browsing with a mobile phone? Could I download a 5MB Zip file to the phone and then transfer it to a PC?

Does the GPRS talk you through the route as do the ones in Cars?

Can I get insurance just for accidental damage?(I don't lose things and rarely get mugged)