newbie, please help

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by godisi, Jun 18, 2004.

1. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people im about to build my htpc, my htpc is going to be connected to my pj via dvi.

When working with resolutions and so forth within the software side of htpc's, will the overall screensize and width/height of my projector' screen area be affected accordingly?, all i want to know is if i can always have my footage to fit within the screen area that i have permenantly fixed to my wall.

is there a tutorial on how all this is set up

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well there's not much "playing" with resolutions etc. with digital projectors. You're basically feeding the PJ with it's native resolution eg. 1280x720. In effect you'll be then bypassing the projector's internal scaler.

The image size/aspect ratio doesn't really change.

Some basic information about 1:1 mapping, Powerstrip etc. in the FAQ sticky (with links) in the LCP/DLP forum.

:smoke:

3. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats all i needed to hear, so the goal is to try and get films and alike to match the pj's nativ resolution 1:1, which is where a pc comes in handy, does this mean, once setup anything played at full screen will try and play at this resolution whether it be 4:3, 16:9, or anamorphic, am i kinda gettin there???, would this mean connecting an xbox/ps2 straight to pc before pj will result in higher quality images or not???, i have only seen tv in cards with max input of svideo for gaming consoles, so im a bit concerned whether feeding through pc or straght to pj. But the pc being a base for everything will have me not fiddling round with resolutions much and so forth

4. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    sweetspot is a great capture card for multi input needs.
    see banner at top.

5. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In answer to your question, you can set up aspect ratios as you like them.
    I.e. 4:3 usually has black bars down the sides with a 16:9 screen. I don't know of a program that does a 'clever' stretch like some TVs but then not many of us would want that :)
    They will work automatically with DVD software like Theatertek. But will have to be namually change (one button) with external sources.