1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - Panasonic E85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CSI_Basel, Dec 3, 2004.

1. CSI_Basel

CSI_Basel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys
    I've been reading this forum for a few weeks before taking the plunge and getting an E85. Set it up last night via the advice from the forum concerning RGB out from a SKY box to AV1 of Pan E85. So its OK there.

My question is concerning the digital out socket to connect to either an AV amp or TV. In my case its a Philips 32" dolby digital tv. The cable I used to connect my old Sony dvd player to my TV to get 5.1 sound does not seem to be compatible to the Panasonic recorder???

The digital output socket has a flap over it?? and my round phono coax cable wont fit?? The tv dolby digital input is also a round phono connection :confused:

Help would be appreciated in this matter. Otherwise I'm worried that I'll have to keep using my 4 yr old Sony player to get dolby sound on commercial dvds. Hope I've made myself clear.

2. Bosco

Bosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The E85 only has an optical out so your TV or Amp will have to have an optical in if it is to work for you. If not then you will have to stick to your old player unless someone else can advise whether there is a converter available?

3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2