Newbie Overwhelmed

U

Undecided

I've registered for this forum because it's obviously where there are lots of people who know a terrific amount about LCDs, but really, I'm only here because the lady wife insists on going to LCD (and in truth, the old TV is showing signs of wearing out). I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I was entering such a terchnology nightmare. I would like to add before anyone thinks 'Luddite', that I am a chartered engineer and I worked in software development for 27 years before retiring, so I don't think I am technically illiterate.

Does the forum have an "absolute beginner's" section where I can go to start understanding all the terms you all use. To take one example from a thread, "720p @ 50Hz" - what's that all about? I've read FAQs but that hasn't helped.

If not, would it be a good idea for the forum to start one, or can anyone recommend some other place/website where I can go and bone up on terminology before I start asking questions? I won't be giving any advice out - rest assured of that!

Recommending staying with CRT is not an option - she who must be obeyed will not tolerate their huge bulk, so LCD it has to be!
Thanks in anticipation
Undecided :confused:

Wow you have a great wife! One who insists on buying technology!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom