1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs set up help please!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by lara, May 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. lara

lara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone
    I took the plunge after reading reviews here and bought a Humax8000 to go with a Tosh DVD/video combi and Mitsubishi(remember them?!!) TV. Now I know it's hardly state of the art gear, but could someone help this damsel in distress as to the best way to set all this stuff working in harmony, which cables and where. I know all this is too basic to be true, but I'm fed up of the lounge looking like spagetti juncton, and haven't got a clue. Please start with the aerial lead and take it from there, thanks
    Lars

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    lars

First off, connect your arial to the arial input on the back of the humax. Then connect a scart lead from the TV out on the back of the humax to the scart input on your TV.
    That should enable your humax to start the scanning process for channels - and check the progress on your TV.

Assuming you have 2 scarts on your TV (or consider buying a switcher) -connect another scart from your DVD/VCR combo from DVD scart out -to the TV.
    If you chose to record from from your humax to tape - then on the second VCR scart on the back of the humax, connect this to the other scart (TV2) on your dvd/vcr combo - simple :)