1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs new amp help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kev777, Jun 30, 2005.

1. kev777

kev777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

(my first post so bear with me..)

I'm looking at getting a new Panasonic HD 42inch plasma and then a good receiver and speakers. Looking at spending about £4K on the lot so I figure about a grand or so on the receiver..

Ideally I'd like one that has HDMI inputs given what will be happening in the next few years...is there anything out there now or should I wait a few months.

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    As dfour says - within your price limit there are not many amps which support digital video switching but I would expect this to change rapidly within the next 12 months.

There are also HD surround sound formats which are due to be released in the forseeable future but I dont know the timescales on these- prehaps someone else who is more in the know can chip in.

The 'problem' with AV is that it is a rapidly changing market and for the last few years there has always been the 'next big thing' on the horizon which for some people has made them wonder if they should buy expensive now, buy cheap now and look to upgrade once the next generation systems are released or hold off - the problem can be that you will always be holding off as as soon as the next generation is released people start talking about the generation that will replace them.