Newbie needs help with virtual desktop, quest 2 and PC

cuttymcgavin

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, So I followed all the correct steps to do PC VR gaming through my quest 2. I can access my games on my quest 2 through the virtual desktop, I did the ABD drivers, sideloaded the VR patch etc.. Downloaded the quest 2 software, sidequest software and steam software on PC. I can open games in my quest using th egames tab in virtual desktop. However the game only opens as a window in my headset, just like the home screen of my computer does in virtual desktop, the game isnt in 360 VR. Plus I cannot click on anything in the game. What am I missing, I have been trying to do this with propagation Vr from steam.

Hey everyone, So I followed all the correct steps to do PC VR gaming through my quest 2. I can access my games on my quest 2 through the virtual desktop, I did the ABD drivers, sideloaded the VR patch etc.. Downloaded the quest 2 software, sidequest software and steam software on PC. I can open games in my quest using th egames tab in virtual desktop. However the game only opens as a window in my headset, just like the home screen of my computer does in virtual desktop, the game isnt in 360 VR. Plus I cannot click on anything in the game. What am I missing, I have been trying to do this with propagation Vr from steam.
Which game?
Not every game is available in VR

Hey Delvey, thnak you for the reply!
so far I have downloaded the spiderman vr experience (which I havent tried yet) and propagation vr which is the one that I am trying and thought would work!?

so far I have downloaded the spiderman vr experience (which I havent tried yet) and propagation vr which is the one that I am trying and thought would work!?
Which platform are you using?
If steam make sure you download steam VR first. Then launch steam VR and then the game.

I haven't done it for a while but you should be able to launch Steam VR from within Virtual Desktop. Also go to their website and sign up for their Discord channel. The developer regularly vists, you get access to beta software and there are help channels with hundreds of other users who will help you and give advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this help?
That's just an article highlighting the wireless feature is now officially allowed by Oculus.

with the game running like you describe, try pressing the Oculus button on the left controller, it should pop up a menu on Virtual Desktop, if there is a game running, there should be a button on the left that appears with "play in VR" on it

i agree with kingd, the hidden button on left controller when in virtual desktop lets you choose to play in VR or desktop mode

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom