1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs help with SP4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gnc123, Mar 8, 2005.

1. gnc123

gnc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a screenplay 4805 and have been hugely impressed with the quality of DVD playback etc. I now want to play cable TV through the system.

The problem I have is that the projector is in a separate room from the telewest box. There is a socket for a TV ariel in the room with the pj and if I plug a portable TV into it I can see whatever channel the cable box is switched to. How can I get this signal onto the pj with the best possible picture quality? (I have a denon dht500 receiver)

any thoughts?

2. ismangil

ismangil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also use Telewest with 4805, I'm afraid RF modulation is the lowest quality you can get. I tried using composite (the single usually yellow phono cable) which is supposed to be better than RF but the image was still awful, there were wavy lines etc.

I ended up buying an RGB to S-Video converter and used a 10m S-Video cable to the PJ, and image quality is now very high quality. If you can afford it, there is even RGB to Component converter...

You might consider getting a second digibox just for the projector...