1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needs help with partially installed multi-room

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by 00evan, Feb 13, 2005.

1. 00evan

00evan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The flat I have just moved into has a sony xs-mp61 speaker on the ceiling in every downstairs room but whoever installed it never actually wired them up to a control point.

I have a feeling (because one of the floorboards was up when we viewed the place) that the wires all feed to a point under the floorboards upstairs and since the PC is downstairs I would need to install some sort of wireless system to control them from the PC which already has a netgear wireless router attached.

I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to complete the job. Would be grateful for any advice on where to start.

Ideally I'd like to pipe music to them from my PC and to be able to control which speakers are on from the PC.

Any words of warning? Is this going to turn out to be much more complicated than I think?

My DIY skills extend to putting holes in the wall but not much more so I know I will need to get someone in. Any recommendations on reputable audio dealers in East London that would be able to help?

:lease:

Many thanks...