newbie needs help with new pj please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by carl1010_1, Dec 24, 2006.

1. carl1010_1

carl1010_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hi guys
    been lurking in this and the other pj forums for ages and completley getting myself worked up to getting a pj ...

first my budget is minimum and cant really specify a price as if something is good at £500.00 but something else is awesome at £750.00 i could push myself to the price..(i aint got £kk's to spend)..:rolleyes: :smashin:

my situation is as follows:
    ive currently got a hitatchi pd7200 (and very good it is despite other peoples probs). :thumbsup:
    a TOSHIBA HD XA1 HD DVD player.(and this is awesome ,RAY, is exceptional)
    and normal sky (no plus , no HD etc) :cool:
    plus an adequate 5.1 system (until upgradeitus sets in and have been lookin at using b&w 601/2 series bookshelves ,damn site is too informative) :smashin:

anyhow am seated at about 13 feet from plasma and would like the pj to drop in front or there abouts ,the ceiling height is 8 feet, no real ambient light as blinds are always drawn to front window and can be drawn on rear windows.

i would appreciate any views as to how a user has accounted this situation (if any).......

i would also prefer a motorized screen (greywolf etc and other reccomendations appreciated).
    i have wathed my HD material on my hitatchi and been wowed just that now i wanna be dumbstruck :D

please please help me sort my xmas conundum :lease:

also the "GET YOUR PJ OUT FOR THE LADS IS REALLY QUIET CMON LADS LETS SEE THEM SETUPS//PICTURES :clap:
    seen loads of reviews and reccomendations on all sorts ,but was wandering what the techies, pros have to input on my scenario..

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,184
    How about the Optoma HD70 at around £700? Obviously, you need something HD Ready and anything else is more like £900 to £1000 from what I have seen. These would be something by Panasonic or Sanyo.

How do you feel about DLP which the Optoma is over LCD?

The Optoma would be able to do 95" to over 110" diagonal 16:9 at 13 feet distance.