Newbie needs help with Marantz SR7002

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The_Major, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. The_Major

The_Major

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hey guys

I am a new to home cinemas. I got my am a few months ago and love it. This is a really small issue but I would like to resolve it and understand it.

I have my blu-ray player hooked up and at first everything was great. The system would play and the amp would display "Dolby HD" or DTS-HD". It seems now that the only way I can get HD Audio is by having it set to pure direct. When I change audio tracks with my blu-ray player, the repective HD audio logo will flash up and change back to source direct after a few seconds. How can I get it back to display what audio it is using? I find myself when I start a movie checking that I have the correct audio track, it is just annoying.

Any help would great. Thanks

Mike.

2. Tone-uk

Tone-uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    I may be reading this wrong but, it seems your blu-ray player is set to output "lpcm" rather than "bitstream"? Look in the player audio settings and see if this is the problem.

3. IRobot

IRobot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,046
    Press the "display" button on the remote a few times to cycle through what you want to see on the amps display.

4. The_Major

The_Major

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well I gave it a shot. But neither worked. I watched X-men 3 the other day which is DTS-HD and that displayed normally.

I can get it to display Dolby True HD on direct mode for only a second and then it will switch back to the direct source display. I am not at home now but could it be that be blu-ray player doesn't support Dolby True HD coding? I think it does but I will have to check.

5. si1970

si1970
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I've just bought an SR7002 and had a similar problem I changed the blu-ray to out put dts or Dolby instead of pcm which is a default setting and have you tried your amp on auto which will make it out put anything it gets.
    Hope this helps