Newbie needs help setting up Samsung UN55TU8000 FXZA

dondford

Novice Member
Replacing my current setup with the above TV, My present setup is a non-smart Samsung; I have a 8TB ext. HD connect to my computer. I DL movies, TV shows to the hd on a daily basis. The HD is pluged into a router which is connected via Ethernet to a WD Live TV Media Player, then to the non-smart TV via HDMI. I am using Twonky on the computer end to control the content to the media player. It has worked OK, not great for years but I'm hoping to simply the setup by going to a smart tv. I was hoping to simply un-install Twony and stay with the Ethernet cable, pluged directly into the TV and built in media player.

The guy in Best Buy advised that would not work and said the media player is designed for a USB connection. He did not know if I could replace the 25 foot run of Ethernet with a 25 foot of USB cable Any assistance, suggustions to get my 8 TB content from my hard drive to play on the TV. At my hunting camp I have a HD plugged directly into 32" Samsung smart tv and it works great, but I have to unplug the HD, take it home to update the content. I'm hoping to keep the same setup I have now, but with a smart tv and without Twonky and and external WD media player

Thanking you guys in advance for any help.

Don

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom