• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie Needs Help Picking The Right TV

stefenrogers

Standard Member
Hi, I am looking to buy a new TV, this will also be technically (other people in my house own LCD TVs) my first LCD TV:

Answers to standard questions:

1. Budget

I can go up to $580, but would like to stay under $500.

2. Seating distance

About 6ft, my room is not big, so viewing angles are not that big of a deal for me.

3. Size/placement limitations

Looking for at least a 32".

4. Uses and sources

Main use will be for gaming.

5. Room lighting

Decently lit at night, slightly better lit during the day.

Okay I have basically narrowed my choice between these TVs and I need help determining which one would be the best for me:

1) LG 32LE5300 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD VA Panel HDTV, Black

Okay the first one is the one I am leaning towards because it is a LED (to my knowledge that usually means better contrast and better color) and it has a 2.4ms response time.

2) VIZIO XVT323SV 32-Inch Full HD 1080p LED LCD HDTV

3) LG 32LD550 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV

4) Samsung LN32D550 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV

5) Panasonic TC-L37U3

Well these five are the ones that I am currently looking at if anyone can help me decide I will be grateful, if anyone knows a better set for a similar price then please let me know.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Moved to 'which TV...' forum

Given the model numbers, it looks like you are in North America. This is mainly a European forum, but AVS Forum is the equivalent :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom