Newbie needs help on home cinema system

bluemond

Standard Member
Hi,

As a complete newbie when it comes to home cinema/surround sound i fancy something easy to use and set up to go with my tv.

My tv is a panasonic TX32LZD80 with 1 x digital audio out (unused), 3 x HDMI slots 2 used 1 unused, spare AV slot, audio out L+R, component slots marked up as audio in L+R and 3 more round ports marked as Y,Pb,Pr, plus on side of tv an SV socket and pound ports marked as V,L,R and AV3,
of the 2 hdmi sockets one is used with a bushhd freesat box which i use to get my tv programmes through. This bush freesat box has an HDMI connection , SPDIF, LNB in, LNB out, 2 scart sockets (vcr,tv), RS232 sockets.

Now first of all im no film junky i watch mostly just normal tv as in soaps etc or some films on tv and also the occasional film that has been got from the net but isn't dvd size but about 700mb size so compressed from a dvd.These films are watched via a sumvision cyclone micro media player which plus into an HDMI port on TV.

I dont think from that i need a top quality set up so for my use as most of what i watch is not recorded in 5.1 surround sound im guessing.

Been browsing on ebay at second hand units and would a unit like this be good for me Panasonic PT460 DVD 5.1 Home Cinema Theater Premium Surround Sound System iPod (5025232477722) | eBay

Also one more question-how does a unit like this connect up, via hdmi or optical connections on tv or freesat box and would the films played via the micro media player still work ok? and does it make much of a difference to the sound when watching bog standard tv like emmerdale etc?

many thanks

oh i do already have a dvd player (not blueray) but rarely watch dvds.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom