Newbie needs help and advice on buying a plasma!

swift9

Standard Member
Reaction score
I came to this forum hoping to learn enough to be able to go and buy a decent plasma.However the wealth of peoples knowledge on here and the sheer product availability has my head spinning,so I thought,start my own thread,tell people what I'm looking for and that should help narrow things down for me.Any responses will be greatfully received..

First off my budget is around £2000 tops.
42" or possibly 50" pedestal or cabinet.
Most important thing has to be Picture Quality.Family viewing,football and MotoGP for me,some dvds and possibly at a later date an XBox 360..
HD ready, but for the forseable future it will just be a normal rooftop ariel feed.
Integrated freeview would be nice as would picture in picture.
Fastext,Two or Three scarts,a couple of HDMIs and pc input.
I am after something with a good warranty as well

I had been following some of the panasonic threads especially Paul.D's regarding the TH50PX60B.That seemed an excellent buy,especially with 5yrs warranty(is this just a Panasonic offer)
but it didn't tick the PIP box(fickle I know).

What are peoples recommendations please??

I`ve got a panny th42px60 so i would recommend the pannys all day long have a look at the 50px600 although does not have PIP. If PIP is a must then have a look at the LG 50px4d this is a superb tv altthough only has one hdmi socket. Theres plenty within your budget best bet would be to go and look at a few set up in the superstores and see which one looks best for you.

www.digitaldirect.co.uk (have a look at these good prices)

I thought all the panny PX600's had pip & pap?

for £2000 you'll be able to get an excellent 42" plasma
i would recommend the pioneer pdp-427xd
for me pioneer make the best plasmas with PQ rivaled
only be the new fuji's which seem to be very popular.

dont get me wrong panasonic plasmas are good
but PQ is better on the pioneer's and fuji's imp.

Odd that the Fujis use Panasonic glass then ;)

It's all personal. I think only the 7series Pioneer has come up to scratch against the Panasonics.

You could get a PH9 and a couple of boards for £2000. Would handle SD well. You'd need to get a Freeview box as it doesn't have it onboard, and then a couple of input boards to match whatever your freeview & DVD can output.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom