• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie needs advice, what BD-Player to buy for very good quality?

nilsk

Standard Member
Hi together,

I found this very nice board through Google. My first post is nothing but questions, sorry for that...

I'm new in the Blu-Ray business and I'm looking for a good BD-Player.

I already know that there are some player possibilities, but I'm still unsure what to buy.

I have a few requirements for the player, maybe you can give me advice what to buy in my case?

Most problematic:
I need a possibility to connect the sound of the BD-Player to analog Audio Chinch R/L

General requirements:
very good BD 1080p/24 video quality
very good 1080p DVD upscaling
not to expensive, let's say not more than 1000$/€
Should be available across Europe
Audio Chinch R/L possibility

I know the PS3 is a decent player, but I think there is no possibility to connect analog audio, am I right?
Furthermore I'm not to sure regarding video quality, is it comparable to the Samsung BDP1400 or even to other standalone player?

Maybe you can give me an idea, about a device with good video/(analog)audio quality?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry for my bad english...

Regards,
Nils

Max N

Established Member
Nils
Not sure what you mean by analog Audio Chinch R/L
If you want just 2 channel analogue output (stereo, left and right channels) the PS3 will do that and is supposed to sound good. The 60Gb model also plays SACD.
If you want multi channel analogue out (5.1 or 7.1 analogue out) you'll need a standalone.
PS3 meets all your other requirements. You have to remember that BD video is now a digital signal over HDMI, so its not like a DVD player where the video DACS and analogue circuitry could impact on video quality.

I haven't any first hand experience on BD standalones so I'll let others make recommendations there.

nilsk

Standard Member
Hi,
thanks for your reply.

Nils
Not sure what you mean by analog Audio Chinch R/L
If you want just 2 channel analogue output (stereo, left and right channels) the PS3 will do that and is supposed to sound good. The 60Gb model also plays SACD.

Correct, I just want 2 channel analogue output.
I'm not to sure, but I remember that the PS3 don't have any analogue 2 Channel outputs, is this true?

Thanks
Nils

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi,
thanks for your reply.

Correct, I just want 2 channel analogue output.
I'm not to sure, but I remember that the PS3 don't have any analogue 2 Channel outputs, is this true?

Thanks
Nils

Hi nilsk and welcome to the forum. :smashin:
No analogue outs on the Ps3,i'm afraid. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom