• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie needs advice on digital tuners and lcd tv's

PAUL HUTTON

Standard Member
Hi All,I am currently running a 12 year old Panasonic crt tv (brilliant picture),running off a Sony STB,which will record to both my Panasonic DMR-EH50 dvd recorder which has a built in HD,or a VHS recorder.We live in a very strong signal area as we can get all the free view channels from an old analogue aerial mounted in the attic. I would very much like your advice as to which 32" Panasonic LCD tv and method/device I should buy to enable me to be able to tune into one digital channel and record another digital channel at the same time,or if possible record 2 digital channels at once. I have been doing some research and have discovered that there are such things as pvr devices with built in Hard drive units which have built in dual tuners. Is this method the most simple way of achieving what i want to do ,or is there a better method. I would also like to retain my old Pany dvdr to play dvd's on,and if possibe record to from the PVR device. Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom