Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

newbie needs a bit of help with speaker cable and rears question please look in

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bigjonnyauk, Aug 10, 2003.

1. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    hi all

right to start with i dont have a high ene system only a decent all in one but prob is i dont think i am really benefiting from the rears my sofa is against the wall but i have a door next to it so my rears are slightly in front of the sofa almost pointing back and in each corner so no real alignment

so what i am going to do is buy to small wall brackets so i can position them nice on the wall behind sofa right these are the probs i have well not really probs but concerns

the brackets i will get have a little swivel on them with little bracket with a hole my rears have a little screw hole in which i prosume you attach through this with a screw so it holds on prob is i didnt get the screws with my system are they standard or what

also i am going to have to run the speaker cable around the door frame so am going to be using a fair old bit

will this affect performance of that speaker is it best to get some decent stuff (by the way to much hassle to move and lift carpet and run underneath)

hope you guys can help cheers

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is beneficial to have cable costing a couple of pounds per meter in place of bell wire cable, but that would be an absolute max given your system.

Ad

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    you might like to try positioning your rears at the side facing across the room as oppose to behind you if your short on space.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294