Newbie needing Advice

Dracos Dragon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a really nice 40" HD ready TV but the sound is not very good.

I am looking to either buy surround sound speakers for it or a complete home cinema.

I am tempted to get the Samsung HT-THX25R but have heard mixed reviews is this any good or should I look into getting the Samsung HT-THX35R?

I have Sky+, normal DVD, WII and a X-Box 360 connected to it at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome.

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a really nice 40" HD ready TV but the sound is not very good.

I am looking to either buy surround sound speakers for it or a complete home cinema.

I am tempted to get the Samsung HT-THX25R but have heard mixed reviews is this any good or should I look into getting the Samsung HT-THX35R?

I have Sky+, normal DVD, WII and a X-Box 360 connected to it at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome.

Dont bother with 'all in ones' with the inputs you need go for separates

An idea of your budget would be helpful, but it would seem that with your peripherals an AV starter pack would be a good purchase, and would give you all the connectivity that you need. Take a look at this Yamaha AV4101 for a start. It comes highly recommended on this forums.
If your budget is a little bigger then start looking at the Onkyo range. try the Onkyo SR605S Here for example.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom