newbie need your advice

U

underGD

Hi all
I am new to pj's been doing some reading and need some advice on choosing a pj also have a few questions.
I have a budget of about £1500
my room size is 3mx3mx2.5m
light not an issue can close curtians
wont as bigger picture as I can get on the wall (widescreen)
will be using mainly for pc games so would like best picture possible
Intend to buy one in the next month

questions
does the screen size effect the quality of the video?
whats the best screen size to have ?
and can I connect more then one divce to the pj (pc,ps2, freeview) without having to change the wires?

Thanks In advance:clap:

Hi,

Highly recommend the Themescene H30, just need to see one to believe how good this unit is, it will fit well within your budget and allow for a screen and some good quality cables.

you're room is pretty small..... i have a look at the screen calculator on projectorcentral.com, and check it out with the sanyo z1 and panny 300

krlock

Thanks guys for reply.
I checked out the sanyo z1 and panny 300 for the screen size I can get. I will get about 77" diagnol without zoom. Are people going for 100" or the biggest they can get in a room so does anyone go for 200".
I have another room I can put it in 6mx5m but would prefer the smaller room. would probably swap between the two every now and again.

Whats the viewing distance from screen to seating? You want that between 1.5 and 2 times the screen width... Bigger not neccessarily better, as if you sit too close to a too large screen you'll see picture issues.

Hi UnderGD,

My room is the same size as yours. I have the AE300 projecting about 79" diagonal and sitting about 8 feet from the screen.

This is perfect for me.

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom