Newbie mounting 40" LCD!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Sadam13, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Sadam13

Sadam13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please could someone offer some advice for mounting my Samsung 40" LCD. I have purchased a wall bracket already. see below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-PLA...QQihZ014QQcategoryZ122652QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem,

but am unsure as to the best way of securing it to the wall which i beleive to be solid (1900ish tenament). Am i best to secure some wood to the wall and then attach the bracket to the wood or go straight to the wall? I want it to be secure as possible and have no worries about it crashing down :suicide:

What should i use to secure either the TV or wood to wall, large screws and raw plugs or anchour bolts?

I have noticed most other wall brackets are slightly different from the design i have is there any difference?

Any help much appreciated :clap:

2. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Solid wall is the best bet...LCD's are comparativly lighter than Plasmas so you should be ok...look at teh mounting holes and choose a bolt to fit, or if not just enlarge teh holes...if you elongate teh holes slightly, taht will help final adjustments if for some reason its ******ed.

Fisher make expanding wall studs, and once they are in...you would need a JCB to pull them out of teh wall mate...I think people are recommending 100mm by 10mm ones...

Drill teh hole to teh correct depth, so that enough of teh stud protrudes, but remember, that when you tighten them up...the stud will come out further as it drags up teh expanding part.

3. Sadam13

Sadam13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Skeet :thumbsup:

4. RABG

RABG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: