Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

newbie - more questions!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mulder, Sep 22, 2003.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know what's the best way to convert home video footage on my Sony trv19 into vcd as i made a vcd earlier and I had a lot of ghosting or something. I'm pretty new to all this stuff so i'm not sure if i am doing it right but I converted my captured film into mpeg format and then I copied it to a cd via my cd writer software. Is there anything i need to tweak or look out for when doing this? I expected the picture quality to be better once on VCD.

2. bazwaldo

bazwaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mulder,

I too am a newbie to DV camcorder fun - should be getting my Panasonic NV-DS60 tomorrow hopefully at the bargain price of £229 from Berridge! Made my order before the price went up £50 :)
    I am reasonably familiar with making vcd's and suggest you look at www.DVDRhelp.com
    where you will find plenty of guides, free software, etc to convert anything to anything and burn to cd/dvd.
    Probably you will need to work with your original DV in your video
    editing suite and then convert with software like TMPEGenc and VirtualDub both of which are fantastic free software!
    Take a look at the site it really is informative and exciting.

Good luck :)

bazwaldo