1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie: Medion 30" LCD or Hitachi 28LD5200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by NickyW, Sep 3, 2004.

1. NickyW

NickyW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Planning to get an LCD to connect with my computer (via DVI) and use as bedroom DVD/aerial etc. Won't be gaming much but would like an opinion as to which is better for everyday internet, TV and DVD use.

They are similarly priced and although I would favour an established make like the Hitachi, I have heard some encouraging reviews for the medion.

Thanks guys

2. .Griff.

.Griff.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    It's not very often that a LCD tv generates so much interest on here as the Medion did. I purchased one on the strength of the reviews on here and another forum and I haven't got a bad word to say against it. Granted it may not have the contrast ratio of a £2.5k plasma but it more than makes up for it as a PC monitor.

I don't know that much about the Hitachi so it would be unfair of me to comment but I have found these specs for you - http://live.hitachidigitalmedia.com...t_1.jsp?productid=358&drilldown=2&urlnumber=2

3. Thrutch

Thrutch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a review of the Hitachi in this months, Octobers What Video or read the thread 'Hitachi 28LD5200 Bargain'