NEWBIE: Looking to buy just seeking advice

richwill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm still in the very undecided mode of which to buy. Ideally I'd like a 32" LCD panel to use in one room and either a larger screen (still can't pick between Plasma and LCD) or a HD-Ready Projector for use in the family room.

I'd love to pay as little as possible but really need to get a steer on what are the best units to buy.

price range? £1000 for the 32" and up to £2000 for either a large screen or projector.

I would like to attach my xbox 360 and stream stuff from my media centre as well as watch primarily films. I would assume that HDMI is better than DVI though I wouldn't know if this is right or not.

Basically I'm after opinion and guidance. If it's anything too technical a plain english explanation would also be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Rich

JVC DS6 £900 ish and Pioneer 43" £2300. Slightly above the budget, but worth it.
Wouldn't consider front proj as the ongoing costs (bulb replacement every 2-3000 hours) are not cheap.
With LCD and Plasma, you pay once, and that's it.

Thanks for the update. I'll have to search the forums further as I've still to figure out in my mind which will provide the better picture. I've seen 42" plasma' with 1024x1024 resolution but the whole issue of resolution confuses the hell out of me. I've also seen some cheap (which will probably mean poorly produced) 50" panels from Haier (who I believe are a Chinese company) but I've no experience of any of their products.

Again thanks for the response. It's very much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom