Question Newbie looking to build small home cinema

DSmith2206

Novice Member
I just moved into my condo. It is pretty dark at all times of the day being I am on the corner. I have 13 feet from my wall to mount a projector. Im looking to get 100-120in screen diagonally. I did Google searches and the Optoma HD142x is the projector I am possible looking at buying. So my question is... is this a good home cinema projector for an everyday use? I also have a Bose CineMate 15 I want to use for my sound, a firestick for streaming, and xbox one for video games from time to time. Whats the best way to hook all of this up? I was using the optical audio to my TV however the Optoma projector only has an AUX hook up.

Open to recommendations to other projectors would like to stay in the $600 price range

1. Optmoma HD142x
Amazon.com: Optoma HD142X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector: Electronics
2. Bose CineMate 15
Amazon.com: Bose CineMate 15 Home Theater Speaker System, Black: Home Audio & Theater
3. Xbox one
4. Firestick
5. Was looking at getting a manual pull down screen being I am renting. Recommendations?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom