1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, looking for help :)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Cheng, May 23, 2003.

1. Cheng

Cheng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I have decided to purchase a digital camcorder, however I know VERY little about them :)

Just wondering if you guys could give me a little help?

I am looking to buy a medium to high range camera, would £600 be enough to start off with a decent camera?

Any definite recommendations?

Price is probably not going to be an issue up to £1000, or maybe more.

I would be using this camera mainly for home use or 'events', like holidays etc. Quality is important, of course. Am I right in thinking atm the standard is MiniDV, and thats the best?

Links are also appreciated; there seem to be a shortage of camcorder reviews compared to digital camera reviews...mad:

Thanks

Cheng :)

2. edsm

edsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the new sony dcr trv 19 It has dv in-out. I think it's a good model to start with. It costs round the £ 450. If you want to spend less you have the trv 14 without dv in or more the trv 22 and 33 with memory stick.
    They are from sony so you're sure to get good quality and this new range is much compacter than the older ones.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Try:

www.electrictown.co.uk

There are around 1900 camcorder reviews there, but they do go back to 1970 :eek:

Mark.

4. kopo

kopo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1