Newbie looking for advice...

AOSRYJP

Novice Member
I am about to have my basement finished and am going to put a pseudo home theater in an area. Estimated measurements after finishing will be 185" W x 97" H. The little cutout that you see on the back of the wall will be around 40" W x 20" D. It will be open to the seating area and gets some light, but doesn't get too bright. I am looking at either the Samsung Premiere LSP9T (130" UST) or the LG CineBeam HU85LA (120" UST). Will likely pair with a 120" (or so) Vivid Storm Ceiling Mount Motorized ALR Tensioned Screen for UST projectors (Sound Perforated Acoustic). Here are my thoughts...

I am trying to figure out how to position the UST in front of the screen. Thinking I will have some sort of built-in sliding shelf coming from out of the cutout that you see at the bottom. I say at the bottom because I am limited by the height of my room and the distance that the UST will have to be below the screen. I do not want to drywall straight across that section as it can be used for shelving. (My height is too short for a motorized floor rising projector screen of that size).

My other option is to use that area to seat the projector, but use rear projection. I know that I will have to pull it out a bit to get around the wall to the sides of it, but wondering if that would be a better option since I have young children and don't want them to destroy this setup. (Another reason I will probably go with a retractable screen).

My last thought is to ceiling mount it above the area, but don't really like that option.

Anyone have any thoughts for me?

Basement 1.jpg
Basement 2.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom