Newbie!.list of what i have brought so far.nothing fancy.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rich1985, Jan 9, 2012.

1. rich1985

rich1985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    As the title says I'm new to home cinema "not to home stereo' and after owning a few decent stereos i now want a decent-ish surround sound system for my living room!.

2. rich1985

rich1985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    So far I have brought a onkyo tx-sr309 av from richer sounds for £159.99 a pair of wharfdale diamond 9.0's again from richer sounds £39.99 for the rears a centre speaker from a site member £27 inc p+p and pair of best buys insignia speakers for the fronts £39.99.but I'm torn between the insignias and the tannoy j90's that my dad passed down to me about 18months ago which he brought when I was 5..I'm now 27!.and in my opinion they still sound as good as any of the speakers I have heard in the £400 range!.but there BIG and and VERY loud and i want to go for subtle.me and my fiancé are in the process of buying our first house and the tannoys just won't go with what I have in mind.and my budget won't go as far as really decent standmounts or slim floor standers!.we have a 32" LCD Samsung tv at the moment but are going to buy a nice 42" led 3D ready tv to go with my PS3 and growing blu-ray collection.I'm bidding on a harmony 600 at the minute on eBay and have purchased a set of qed 0.5mtr RCA cables to connect my hd samsung DVD recorder to my av as a cd player.saves using my ps3 all the time just for music!.any opinions or comments are welcome.and I hope I have posted this in the right section?.thanks.rich.