Newbie - JVC AV32R25

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Mando, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Mando

Mando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be getting a new 32" widescreen on Saturday to replace my old TV. I have plumped for the JVC AV32R25 as this didn't get too many bad slatings compared to my earlier choice of the Philips 32PW6515 and the Sony KV32LS35S is ugly.

I was going to only get the nicam version and invest in an amp etc, next year, but they had this version for the same price so I thought I might as well.

This TV has terminals for surround speakers. Can anyone tell me where I could get some cheap (very cheap! - I spent all my money on the TV) speakers from and what I am looking for? As I really haven't got much of a clue.

Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for an easy to understand beginners guide to home cinema, so I can start understanding how it works and what you need for the surround sound etc,? I thought I might want to upgrade the sound later on? or will this be a waste of time?

Thanks in advance.

Amanda

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Hi Amanda,

Our old favourite, Richer Sounds have speakers for every budget (even tiny ones). Buy the cheapest and smallest that they have for the time being.

The two ways in to surround sound are by buying an amplifier, DVD player, and set of five speakers plus a subwoofer or by buying an "All in one system" which as the name implies has everything.

Either will be significantly better than the sound from your TV

Home Cinema Choice and What Hifi are good places to start learning about surround sound and if you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to come here again and ask.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mando
    I saw the JVC the other day and must say I think you have made a good choice. It Looks quite stylish and the picture on it Looks top Class