Newbie - Ive read for 5 hours, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxta

Standard Member
Hi, I feel I have been missing out on the best bits of Iphone ownership. I Have had one since Nov 07 which I got from Hong Kong already unlocked. Its version 1.1.1.

I was just browsing and saw the cool stuff u can install (the NES games look ace!). So I have been reading for 5 hours now trying to make head and tail of what I should do. I get the impression being on 1.1.1 I am a bit behind everyone.

I use an 02 sim (simplicity plan). While I use wifi i have never managed to activate edge. I also tried to instal the NES thing but couldnt.

From reading I see I need to jailbreak the phone, but I was confused how I should as it seems to recommend first updating via itunes to 1.1.4 then using pwned, however i use a pc and it suggests software isnt available to do this yet?!

I really want to activate the install apps as it looks like cool stuff. If anyone can help it would be great, I have really tried to look first but am struggling to understand!

Thanks
Lindsay

Moor

What you will need to do lindsay, is to upgrade to 1.1.4 software (1.2.0 is coming soon though) through i tunes then unlock, activate and jailbreak your iphone (explanations to all of these terms are in the sticky at the top of the thread list) using either iliberty+ (i used this and found it very easy) or ziphone. Go to iclarified.com for a very easy tutorial on how to everything you want to do.
Hope that helps

jaxta

Standard Member
Hi thanks for the advise.

I read the tutorial on Iclarified. The link to downloading iliberty+ wouldnt open.

Any idea where else I could download it from?

I going to give this a go, nervous as I am!!

Lindsay

bigbaz

Just use ziphone :-

dowload ziphone from here
http://www.ziphone.org/

1 Install itunes on your computer.
2 Download Ziphone and extract it into a folder on your desktop. (Reboot computer after this).
(Iphone is halfway charged so you can unlock straight out of the box).
3Connect your iphone to the computer via the usb cable and wait for it to be recognized.
4Open up itunes and remember dont SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING.
5With itunes open, open the folder you extracted ziphone into and click on ZipPhoneGUI.
6Click Prepare for Upgrade which will open itunes.
7Click restore in itunes.( THIS BIT UPDATES LATEST FIRMWARE) 1.1.4
8After it has restarted, open ZiPhoneGUI click on Do it all! (takes about 5 minutes). (THIS BIT UNLOCKS IT)
9Thats it, your phone is unlocked now. Turn it off and use a pin to take the sim out and put yours in.

jaxta

Standard Member
Thanks Baz.

Just one thing, my phone is already unlocked and on 1.1.1, Anything change on your process for this?

And does this do the jailbreaking also? I presume when you say click "do it all" that it does!

Thanks again.

bigbaz

Thanks Baz.

Just one thing, my phone is already unlocked and on 1.1.1, Anything change on your process for this?

And does this do the jailbreaking also? I presume when you say click "do it all" that it does!

Thanks again.

In your actual case :-

Download ziphone
Open itunes
Connect iPhone
Click on padlock symbol or ziphonegui from downloaded ziphone folder
Click prepare to upgrade (ziphone program)
itunes will open
Click restore in itunes (this will upgrade you to 1.1.4)
Then click do it all. (ziphone program)

Both upgrading and unlocking can take up to 15 mins each

philip birdi

Just use ziphone :-

dowload ziphone from here
http://www.ziphone.org/

1 Install itunes on your computer.
2 Download Ziphone and extract it into a folder on your desktop. (Reboot computer after this).
(Iphone is halfway charged so you can unlock straight out of the box).
3Connect your iphone to the computer via the usb cable and wait for it to be recognized.
4Open up itunes and remember dont SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING.
5With itunes open, open the folder you extracted ziphone into and click on ZipPhoneGUI.
6Click Prepare for Upgrade which will open itunes.
7Click restore in itunes.( THIS BIT UPDATES LATEST FIRMWARE) 1.1.4
8After it has restarted, open ZiPhoneGUI click on Do it all! (takes about 5 minutes). (THIS BIT UNLOCKS IT)
9Thats it, your phone is unlocked now. Turn it off and use a pin to take the sim out and put yours in.

Sorry im new to all of this as well,so when i get an iphone and want to unlock it i just do all of the above steps

jaxta

Standard Member
Hi just away to do the Ziphone thingy!

Maybe im worrying too much but:

a) is it likely to affect my wifi ability? (read its an issue)

b) should i take my sim out to do it?

Thanks

AndyDEL

Banned
Jaxta -

I used the exact same Ziphone guide that bigbaz is posting, infact it was from another one of his posts. It worked perfectly, on both my iphone and a number of my friends.

The wifi issue only happens if you use the wifi fix in the advanced options, which is something you don't need to it. All the wifi fix does is change the mac code to a standardised code (Or thats how i understand it).

It's a very easy process, and while not gurannteed to work. Myself and many others i know have experienced no problems. :)

hutch

Distinguished Member
Dont think we need another unlocking/ziphone post, please read the forum sticky and use the search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom