1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie-ish question: speaker and sub settings for music only

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by APC, Jan 11, 2003.

1. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm new to home cinema and I'd appreciate some help. I recently took the plunge and got a Denon AVR3802 and, after just lost my patience altogether with the poorly written manual, I have one last basic question: do the crossover frequency settings only affect Dolby Digital and DTS playback or do they work for all sources (i.e. music)?

The reason I ask is that the section of the manual on page 12 is not very clear. It goes through the frequency settings and the 'subwoofer mode' (to set LFE or LFE+Main), but at the end of the section says: 'When the subwoofer is set to "yes", bass sound is output from the subwoofer regardless of the subwoofer mode setting in surround modes other than Dolby/DTS'

What I would like to know is if this means that only the LFE or LFE+Main settings are ignored in music playback or whether it means that the whole thing - including crossover frequency setting is ignored and the amp puts out full range to all speakers for non DD/DTS sources?