• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie - iPod Video questions

Mike246

New owner of an iPod 30 Gb Video and have a few questions for you guys -

1. What's the favoured software to use to convert DVDs and recorded television programs to iPod format?

2. Having placed video on the iPod, how to I fast-forward through a recording?

3. I have an iTrip with dock connection. Works, but I can only get about 6 foot range using a good dedicated FM eceiving aerial. Should I expect more?

4. What's a good translucent case to get which will still allow the iTrip to be connected?

5. Griffin are showing a video docking station on their website for US $99 which looks pretty tasty. Anyone know anything about this?

Wow, that's me done. I'm exhausted. Any replies will be welcome.

Davy

In answer to Question 2.

Same as music - press the centre button and use the scroll wheel to move forward or back.

Shoka

to answer 1, havent actually done it yet but google throws this up as a response for "convert dvd to video ipod" this
lokks like a mac program though. or this free trial $34.95 for the full software, im sure there are loads more shareware utils to do this, try searching download.com, ive got some cool stuff for Ipod from there.

hope that helps

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom