Newbie iPod Questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by springsteenfan, Sep 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. springsteenfan

springsteenfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Do I need or do I have to add in the iTunes library to the iPod, I hope not as it comes out at 98MB it's mainly artwork. Which I have embedded using Tag & Rename.

2. I use Tag & Rename in use for tagging tracks it gives me 9599 total in "My Music" yet iTunes tells me there are 9686, why a difference? I have looked for some it says are there, but they aren't any where to be found.

3. Is there a way to "reset iTunes" after I've retagged tracks so it shows up correctly within iTunes. I've tagged some stuff, but it's not showing up in iTunes correctly. Plus there's tracks in there that are not in "My Music" folder anymore, or anywhere else on my PC they've been deleted.

4. How do you remove tracks from the iTunes Library?

5. i have also tried to authorise my computer but it keeps tellign ym Apple ID or password are incorrect. But as I ordered my iPod on the ID that's wrong, plus I reset my passowrd, so I know it's correct. So great I have a brick ariving that I can't use because I can't authorise the computer. :mad:

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,258
    1 - iTunes will by default try and sync the whole library onto a new iPod connected. When it finds it won't fit it will cram as much on as possible. You can then go through and delete tracks off the iPod to make room for what you want. Select the ipod on the left>Music>track and hit 'delete' on the keyboard.

2 - iTunes only updates the library when you add a track or try and play a track. If you deleted then outside iTunes it will only notice they're gone when you try and play them.

3 - the easiest way is to close iTunes, make a back up copy of
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Your computername\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl"
    and
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Your computername\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml"
    then delete the originals. When you start iTunes it will be blank
    The choose "File>Add Folder to Library" and select the "C:\Documents and Settings\Your computername\My Documents\My Music\"

4 - select the track in iTunes and press delete. Control or shift let you choose multiple tracks.

5 - Authorisation only applies if you have downloaded copy protected tunes from the iTunes store. If you are using ripped MP3s or unprotected downloads you can ignore this option.