newbie ipad 2 help please

dj_padd

My dads partner bought herself an ipad 2 a few weeks ago

She has gone to use it today, however no apple software or apps seem to be working, mail doesnt work, calendar doesnt work, settings doesnt work, camera doesnt work

Mail and calendar just open up to a white screen, camera will open but you cant take a picture
settings does open but nothing can be selected, its as if the screen isnt recognising the touch input

All non apple apps and games work fine

Does any one have any ideas? I have absolutely no experience with any apple product or software

Thanks

tvbox

Distinguished Member
This sounds very strange, is is possible for you to take a picture or video to show us what happens? Thanks. The only thing I have in mind now is some kind of accessibility feature is on. Try pressing home three times quickly and see if something happens. If it makes matters worse, press it thrice again.

poppitypop

This has happened to me a few times before. A proper reboot of the device has fixed it. Press and hold the off button and home button and keep holding and holding until it shuts off and you see the apple logo. This clears its cache or whatever. Hopefully this will fix it. If it is a regular ocurrance then look to getting a replacement but it may be a one of.

dj_padd

Thanks for your replies, I don't have access to it as its not mine but I will try and explain to her over the phone what to try

Nash__

Also try connecting to iTunes first as that was was required for mine (1 week old) oh and check the obvious, battery level. HTH

Nash

dj_padd

Nash__ said:
Also try connecting to iTunes first as that was was required for mine (1 week old) oh and check the obvious, battery level. HTH

Nash

It has never been connected to a PC, she doesn't have one

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
You must get yourself an Apple id first by connecting it to iTunes on a pc.

I hate to contradict you here but I have just set up a new iPad 2 for my wife and have yet to connect to iTunes. We do, however, have an Apple ID. Everything works fine.

Season's Greetings,

Martin.

boyzie33

Standard Member
I hate to contradict you here but I have just set up a new iPad 2 for my wife and have yet to connect to iTunes. We do, however, have an Apple ID. Everything works fine.

Season's Greetings,

Martin.
It's ok if you already have an Apple id.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom